- Vitamin D: Vitamin D is important for bone health and can also help support a healthy immune system. Sun exposure is the best source of vitamin D, but it can also be obtained through fortified foods and supplements.
- Calcium: Calcium is essential for strong bones and teeth. It is also important for muscle and nerve function. Calcium can be obtained through dairy products, leafy greens, and fortified foods.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is an antioxidant that can help support a healthy immune system and promote wound healing. It can also help the body absorb iron from plant-based foods. Vitamin C is found in citrus fruits, strawberries, and other fruits and vegetables.
- Iron: Iron is important for oxygen transport in the body and can help prevent anemia, which can cause fatigue and weakness. Iron is found in meat, poultry, fish, beans, and fortified cereals.
- Vitamin B12: Vitamin B12 is essential for nerve function and can help prevent anemia. It is primarily found in animal products, but can also be obtained through fortified foods and supplements.
Remember, it’s important to talk to your healthcare provider before starting any new vitamins or supplements, as they can interact with other medications and health conditions. A balanced diet and regular exercise are the foundation for good health and strength, and supplements should be used to support a healthy lifestyle, not as a replacement for it.