Lepam is an Ayurvedic therapy that involves the application of a herbal paste on the body, usually to a specific area. The word “lepam” comes from the Sanskrit word “lepa” meaning a paste.
During a lepam treatment, a paste made from a combination of herbal powders, oils, and other ingredients is applied to the affected area of the body. The paste is left on the skin for a specific period of time before being washed off.
Lepam is believed to have many benefits, including:
- Relieving pain and inflammation: The herbal paste used in lepam can help reduce pain and inflammation in the body, especially in areas like the joints, muscles, and skin.
- Promoting wound healing: Lepam can be effective in promoting the healing of wounds and other skin conditions, thanks to its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.
- Improving skin health: The herbal ingredients used in lepam can help nourish and moisturize the skin, leaving it feeling soft, supple, and rejuvenated.
- Alleviating skin problems: Lepam can be helpful in alleviating various skin problems, such as eczema, psoriasis, and acne.
- Reducing stress and promoting relaxation: The application of the herbal paste and the gentle massage techniques used in lepam can help reduce stress and promote relaxation, making it a popular therapy for those looking to de-stress.
Overall, lepam is a safe and effective therapy that can help improve both physical and mental health. However, it is important to consult with a qualified Ayurvedic practitioner before undergoing lepam, as the therapy may not be suitable for everyone and may require specific preparations or precautions.